Rent beautiful Gunton Lodge in Lowestoft online now.
Stunning period house, ideal for larger groups, 100ft water frontage and private mooring, St Olaves and Somerleyton boat ride away.
Enjoying over 100ft of water frontage, with a private mooring and slipway, Gunton Lodge is one of the premier detached period houses built along Oulton Broad, in the National Broads National Park. A large sunny south-facing garden leads to the water’s edge, accessing a wealth of family watersports activity on the enclosed waters of the broad. A rowing boat can be made available for guests’ use by prior arrangement. Alternatively, simply relax and enjoy stunning views across the broad and surrounding countryside from the house, the lawn or the summer house by the water’s edge.
This luxury property has been thoughtfully decorated throughout and all of your holiday needs considered. The large open plan living area is surrounded by large windows, flooding the room with natural light. The master bedroom has French doors leading onto a large decked balcony with stair access up to the turret room – a fabulous spot for enjoying the often spectacular sunsets!
Gunton Lodge is an inspiring Lowestoft holiday cottage.
Oulton Broad is a haven for wildlife and water sports such as fishing (seasonal, licensed), sailing (RYA training centre), windsurfing and rowing. Numerous footpaths rich with wildlife and scenic cycle rides can be accessed from the house. A short boat ride across or short walk around the broad leads to the charming village of Oulton Broad with its waterside cafes, shops, restaurants, bars and park with a well-equipped children’s play area and tennis courts. Or go upriver in a day boat and discover charming waterside pubs and restaurants and pretty broads villages, such as Beccles, St Olaves and Somerleyton. The popular Blue Flag beaches of Lowestoft and Gorleston are close by, and further afield, picturesque drives lead into the Suffolk and Norfolk countryside with its many excellent gastro pubs, and to the Suffolk Heritage Coast including Southwold, Walberswick and Aldeburgh. Nearby stately home and gardens at Somerleyton also make an enjoyable day out. Shops 500 yards, pub and restaurant ¾ mile.
Gunton Lodge Features:
- Sleeps up to
- Prices start at £ per week
- Living/dining room with open fire, wooden floor and well-equipped kitchen area with gas range (for cooking)
- Large drawing/sun room with French doors to patio/garden
- Utility Room Single bedroom
- Two cloakrooms/toilets
- One large double south-facing bedroom
- One large double bedroom with en-suite shower room and toilet, French doors to balcony and stair access to turret room
- West-facing twin bedroom with wash basin
- Spacious bathroom with roll-top bath, large separate shower cubicle, marble-tiled heated floor and dressing area
- Double bedroom with 6ft bed
- Twin bedroom
- Cosy single bedroom
- Bathroom with over-bath shower
- All rooms with broads views
Gunton Lodge Location: